Celebrate SoTL 2019
The second annual Celebrate SoTL Day, co-hosted by the Institute for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (ISoTL), the Centre for Teaching, Learning, & Technology (CTLT), and the SoTL Community of Practice, took place Thursday, October 24, 2019. Over 60 faculty, staff and students attended the full-day event which provided the opportunity for novice and experienced SoTL practitioners to share their stories, and engage in dialogues around teaching and learning.
In case you missed it, you can read a recap of the event here.
Schedule of Events
- Keynote: Threshold Concepts in SoTL: Dr. Andrea Webb – Instructor, Faculty of Education, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Panel Discussion: What is Learning and What is Worth Measuring?
- e-Poster session: Celebrate SoTL ePoster Program 2019
- Workshop: Inclusive SoTL Research
A number of e-posters that were presented at the event are available to view:
- Siobhán McPhee: Using augmented reality to teach empathy
- Gail Hammond, Alice Cassidy, & Roselynn Verwood: Experiences of peer teaching: Impact on students’ perceptions as learner
- Jonathan Graves & Natasha Pestonji-Dixon: Assessing the Effectiveness of Office Hours
- Patricia Schulte, Laura Weir, Megan Barker, Lisa McDonnell, Natalie Schimpf, & Tammy Rodela: Small changes, big gains: a curriculum-wide study of teaching practices and student learning in undergraduate biology
- Laila Ferreira, Katja Thieme, & Natasha Pestonji-Dixon: Students’ Uptake of Metalanguage in the Process of Peer Feedback
- Neil Armitage, Fabian Frohlich, & Christine Lee: Animating the disciplines through Alumni Engagement
- Sally Stewart: HEAL 100 ~ Keeping our Students Healthy from this course to the next
- Agnes d’Entremont, Jonathan Verrett, & Juan Abello: Exploring WeBWorK Usage Factors Related to Grades in Second-Year Engineering
We hope to see you again next year!